The good news: Most home care, home health, and hospice marketers are getting into their accounts!
It’s a perfect time to reflect and prepare. You just finished your Quarterly business review, so you have most of the hard work done! Your top accounts identified and ranked.
After all, these months, here are the next steps to take this summer to make the most of these meetings with the 5 R’s of “Re-opening.”
- Reconnect – Connect to the human first. This pandemic has been a trauma. Take the time to connect to the human first. Ask how they are doing. What life changes have happened since the last time you saw them in person.
- Requalify – Step 1 of the High-Performance Sales Process. SO much has changed, and you need to know the current state of your top accounts and qualification sales calls are easier and more conversational in person. You used to know everything about this account – now take a current “pulse” of what is going on and how they are referring today.
- Re-engage – Time to set the stage on how you are going to interact with your referral sources. Do you need to go back to “old” call frequency patterns? Be ruthless with your time. You have an opportunity to reset expectations and boundaries. As one rep shared with me – “the pandemic taught the social workers how to use a fax machine to fax in referrals instead of demanding I drive across the city to pick up the paperwork – I want to keep that faxing habit alive!”
- Regenerate and generate more referrals AND relationships – Everyone we coach has been doing an AMAZING job of nurturing the relationships remotely. Some accounts will continue with remote marketing. In my opinion, nothing beats in-person marketing. You can see and feel so much more than on the phone or via email. The new hybrid model of in-person and remote marketing is key to covering more ground and gaining more referrals.
- Resource – For over 20 years, the cornerstone of Home Care Sales has been for marketers to be a resource to your referral sources. Selling = Profound Service. You are a senior care expert!
I am thrilled to see so many home care marketers get access and census driving up!
Thank you for all you do out in the field!
Together We Grow!
PS ready to launch into your accounts and grow. We got your back. Get a time on Mike’s calendar and see what’s new!